CN user asked "When should you consider hospice for your loved ones with dementia?"
Signs of end-stage dementia:
- Unable to make judgments or solve problems,
- Appears to be too ill to be taken to functions outside family home.
- No significant function in home.
- Requires much help with personal care; frequent incontinence.
- The Functional Assessment Staging Test (FAST) is the most well validated measure of the course of AD in the published, scientific literature.
The stages of Alzheimer’s disease as defined by FAST can be found online.